Brass pre-filters remove useless and unwanted particles from fluids. Brass pre-filters perform the same function, but there is a slight difference. This difference makes pre-filters more suitable than other filtration products. Let’s check what a brass pre-filter is and what it does?
What is a Brass Pre-Filter?
A brass pre-filter is a product that removes suspended pollutants from fluids. It works before the release of fluids for the actual filtration process. We can say that pre-filters prepare the water or liquids for filtration. They save the primary filter from blocking in case of large particles.
Brass is one of the finest quality metals. It has excellent properties. It has a long life working and is also heat and pressure-resistant. So, brass material is the best fit for pre-filter products.
Types of Pre-filters:
There are four types of pre-filters so far. They are different for industrial and household uses. Let’s check the types of prefilters.
- String Prefilters.
String prefilters contain many wounded layers on a core. The tight layers work as a filtration center. The upper layer catches large particles. In comparison, the inner layers are responsible for capturing small molecules. It’s a better option than many other prefilters.
String pre-filters are cheap as they are cost-friendly. They go best for different sizes of solid molecules. We can replace the inner layers to avoid clogs.
String pre-filters are very good for surface water pre-filtration. Many other prefilters cannot undergo high-pressure flow. But, this product is suitable for extreme pressure conditions. The end caps ensure no particles go into the mainstream.
Spare Part Material: PP, PES, cotton, Glass Fiber.
Filtration Range: 1-100 micron
Length: 5-50 inches
Pressure Range: 0.39 MPa
Maximum Temperature: Upto 60°C for PP and 180 to 300°C for glass fiber.
Outer Diameter: 28 – 30mm
Inner Diameter: 60 – 63mm
- Drinking-Water Pre-filtration.
- Food and Beverage Industries.
- Solvent processing in Chemical Industries.
Pleated Pre Filters.
Pleated pre-filters contain large sheets to hold most of the waste particles. Their material is glass fiber, polyester, or PES. The extra layer catches pollutants. Such Pre Filters work well for similar sizes.
In the case of large particles, the increasing pressure on walls can cause problems.
They offer an excellent micron range for catching small particles. It shows that pleated filters work best for narrow liquid distribution.
Depending upon the need, we can use some pleated pre-filters by cleaning. They have good restriction capacity due to their synthetic nature.
You can use these prefilters for both household and industrial use. They can undergo high pressure and temperature for various chemicals.
Filter Size (Diameter), 69mm.
Spare Parts Material: Polypropylene, Nylon, PES,
Filtration Range: 0.2 Micron to 0.45 Micron
Working Pressure: 0.42 MPa
Working Temperature: 80°C
Filtration Area Diameter: 0.72m
- Pharmaceutical Industries.
- Food Industries.
- Electronic Industries.
- Air Filtration.
- Drinking-Water Filtration.
Melt-blown pre-filters are of polypropylene. They are depth filters. Their structure is rigid and porous. It’s primarily suitable for water pre-filtration. Although the filtration area is smaller, its depth function is excellent.
Multiple layers allow for holding more particles.
Different sizes of waste can get stuck in easily. Melt-blown pre-filters have a wide micron range. They are efficient for household use. For industrial use, they lack high pressure and temperature resistance. It is because they lack enough resilience to withstand extreme conditions.
Spare Part Material: Silicone, EPDM, PP
Length: 10-40 inches.
Maximum Pressure: 3.5 Bar
Maximum Temperature: 82°C
Outer Diameter: 60 mm
Inner Diameter: 20mm
- Water Pre-filtration in municipal water.
- Seawater Distillation.
- Food and Beverage Industries.
- Solvent water Pre filtration.
Bag filters are in the shape of a bag. Bag filters, unlike most filtres, have fluid that flows from the inside to the outside. As a result, it reduces the pressure drop and increases the area. Bag filters can be a low-cost choice in various industries. It includes food and beverage production and many more.
Filter bags with stainless steel baskets can handle fluids at high temperatures. Small batch processes or coarse filtering are hence suited for bag filtration systems. We can install a high-capacity bag to withstand high dirt flow.
Spare Part Material: PP, PEP, UPVC.
Length: 10 – 40 inches.
Maximum Pressure: 0.4 MPa
Maximum Temperature: 149°C
Inner Diameter: 28-30mm
Outer Diameter: 60-65mm.
- Industrial pre-filtration.
- Food Industries.
- Sea Water Filtration
- Solvent and chemical pre-filtration.
Functions Of Brass Pre-filters:
Brass pre-filters perform many tasks in the filtration of liquids. Some potential functions are as follows.
Protection of Primary Filter.
The main work of the pre-filter is to make liquid ready for filtration. It removes significant excess pollutants from fluids. In this way, the filter gets saved from blocking by such huge impurities.
Many filters are sensitive to avoidable molecules. They may harm the internal machinery of the filtration system. A pre-filter saves the day by giving the central system a safe side.
It ensures the long life of the filter and adds to its performance. As a result, the filter focuses on the removal of small particles.
Removal of Large Particles.
It is the main reason for pre-filter installation. The pre-removal of big particles saves the filter. That’s why the pre-filter layers have such a design to hold most particles.
They are complex rigid molecules that must not enter the filtration system. Their entrance into the filter can cause the large particles to gather. It can clog the filter, which can badly affect working performance.
Maintaining the Fluid Quality.
Brass pre-filters add minute details to the traditional filtration process. We can say that it does double filtration. It gets similar to giving extra care to liquids that flow across.
It removes any foul odor or color from drinking water. It makes water suitable for drinking by retaining its natural flavor. Other chemicals, instead of water, also get into a refined form. This way, a brass pre-filter maintains the quality of liquids.
Protection of Plumbing Appliances.
Brass prefilter saves the filtration system and also protects the plumbing. If there were a lot of mud and dirt in the fluids, it could clog the pipeline. This can ultimately lead to the blockage of the entire plumbing system.
Pre-filters remove mud and large particles, which may block the pathway. The plumbing appliances remain safe and can keep showing good performance. For high-level pollutants, the prefilter may need to change regularly.
Household Applications of Brass Pre-Filters.
Every home should have a brass pre-filter. It has become a need of the hour. Installing a brass pre-filter can save people from a lot of hazards. Below are the main applications of brass pre-filter in household use.
- They remove harmful particles from drinking water that may cause health damage.
- Brass pre-filter lowers the need for chlorine to filter the water supply.
- They remove excess harmful particles from the water supply line. It saves the pipelines from corrosion due to pollution. Pipes get protected from rusting and perform for longer.
- Brass pre-filters are easy to maintain. You can handle them in the house without much difficulty.
- Brass as the primary metal reduces the risk of product wearing out. Thus, it can last for a long time without getting eroded.
Industrial Applications of Brass Pre-Filters.
Industries use brass pre-filters on a large scale. Industries need many liquid chemicals for commercial use. Hence, a pre-filter is even more needed than for household use. Here are a few industrial applications of brass pre-filters.
- Large chemical or liquid intake occurs in industries. They often contain high levels of waste materials. A brass pre-filter takes out such particles.
- The pipelines are often large in industries. Yet, the big impurities can cause problems. It is important to set up pre-filters to avoid blockages.
- Industrial machinery can get affected without prefilters. Machines dealing with fluid filtration have to remove any particles. Prefilters hold the dangerous large molecules from harming machinery. In this way, the devices keep maintaining the flow.
- Brass is an excellent material to bear high pressure and temperature. Its installation in industries is very encouraging as it will work for longer.
Features of Brass in Prefilters.
Various features make brass pre-filters much more efficient. Here are a few of them.
- Brass offers a lot more resistance to corrosion than any other. Hence, it maintains quality for a longer time.
- Brass pre-filters can comparatively survive for a very long time. Due to this nature, one can get rid of worrying about frequent replacements.
- Brass can tolerate a very high heat level than other metals cannot. It makes it best for industrial use.
Remarks of Pre-filter:
You have learned about brass pre-filters features, types, and working by this time. There is no doubt that every house needs this product to mark water quality. Many options are available in the market, which may confuse new buyers.
Yet, by closely understanding the facts mentioned above, you can get rid of fuss.
It is important to note that the types and features vary. For household use, one should never buy industrial pre-filters. You can choose The right product by knowing your desired features. A detailed listing of these qualities can help you get a suitable brass pre-filter.