Mixing valves are a standard plumbing product. We use them for their unique functions. Three-way shower mixing valves give even more ease and durable performance. At the same time, it maintains and regulates water temperature. We can say that a three-way thermostatic mixing valve performs many functions alone. It saves from buying extra products. Let’s get into the details of the three-way thermostatic mixing valve.
What is a Three-Way Thermostatic Mixing Valve?
A thermostatic mixing valve is a plumbing product that mixes cold and hot water. It then releases water at a steady temperature. The thermostat serves the primary function here. The thermostatic mixing valve has three openings. One has hit the water, the other contains cold water, and the third provides mixed water from both inlets.
The three-way thermostatic shower mixing valve provides a safe and consistent water temperature. It has an efficient thermostat to maintain and regulate the water temperature. Thermostatic shower mixing valves have different designs than thermostat valves. They are best when the water source has varying temperatures and pressure. It gives water a consistent temperature and a streamlined flow with the help of a thermostat.
Parts of a Thermostatic Mixing Valve:
Following are the parts of a thermostatic mixing valve that makes it work well.
The thermostatic element is vital in forming a thermostatic shower mixing valve. It is a device that measures and controls temperature. Usually, it has a sensor that measures liquid temperature. Then with the help of a control mechanism, it changes the proportion of hot it cold water.
A thermostatic element can be mechanical or electronic. It has different components, such as a thermistor, thermocouples, or bimetallic strips. A thermostatic element must be accurate and efficient to get the best performance.
Return spring is present in the thermostatic element. It works on temperature change. The return spring pushes the piston to normal after expansion or contraction.
The piston serves a central role in maintaining the liquid temperature. The movement of the post on us is according to the sensor of the thermostatic element. In case of regulation failure, the piston quickly turns off the thermostat. In this way, it prevents scalding.
Adjuster For Temperature:
The temperature adjuster serves the function of temperature change in the mixing valve. It is present under the shield lock of the valve. The adjuster can change the piston’s position. It results in varying proportions of hot and cold water.
Digital thermostatic valves contain sensors that have different working mechanisms than mechanical ones. Users can then turn these sensors on or off and shift to auto mode.
Buy premium quality 3-way Thermostatic Shower Mixing Valves.
Product: TMV Thermostatic mixing valve for safety showers.
Type: Fixed Ball Valve.
Pressure: 0 to 32 MPa.
Working Temperature: Normal Temperature.
Applications: Household Usage,
Industrial Usage, Water Industrial Usage.
Applications of a Thermostatic Mixing Valve:
We use thermostatic mixing valves in industries, houses, and offices. Here are the common uses of mixing valves.
- Thermostatic mixing valves are standard for domestic use. We use them in residential water systems to blend hot and cold water. They help achieve a safe and steady temperature in showers, sinks, and other domestic uses.
- Commercial use of thermostatic mixing valves is also of great significance. These valves mix cold and hot water in boilers or other water sources to get the desired temperature.
- Industries install thermostatic mixing valves to get regulation of water temperature. It may serve the functions of cleaning, heating, etc. It blends cold and hot water from inlets.
- Thermostatic mixing valves are also applicable in radiant heating systems. They mix hot and cold water from the source and release water at a consistent temperature.
- Hospitals also use thermostatic mixing valves. These valves ensure that water temperature at showers or sinks is blended and safe.
Types of Thermostatic Shower Mixing Valves:
Thermostatic shower mixing valves come in different shapes, sizes, and structures. Below are the types of thermostatic shower mixing valves. They are categorized on base of design and appearance.
Concealed Thermostatic Shower Mixing Valve:
This shower mixing valve is hidden behind the wall or another way. It is kept hidden. They give showers an aesthetic look and a streamlined water flow. It has two inlets for cold and hot water. The outlet provides blended water. The only difference in this type of shower mixing valve is that it is hidden. We control it by a remote or manually visible in another location.
The concealed shower valve gives a modern touch to the bathroom. The valve is hidden, and it does not take up much space. It has a user-friendly structure. The control panel or remote is easy to understand. One can quickly adjust the water temperature. It also provides extra security. It saves from scales and maintains pressure regulation. Hence, there are minimal risks.
Exposed Thermostatic Shower Mixing Valve:
This type of shower mixing valve is visible on the wall. Usually, we install these valves when we need easy adjustment and quick regulation. It has either a handle or a lever to adjust the water temperature.
The best pro of using an exposed valve is they are quick to regulate. A wide range of such valves is present. Thus, it comes with great variety. We can use them with different types of showers with ease. They are highly durable and last long.
Bar Thermostatic Shower Mixing Valve:
A bar valve lies on a bar or railing of a bathroom. They are mounted at a moderate height. They are generally applicable in public toilets and restroom showers. They have feature for regulating water flow over and over without damaging it.
They regulate water by mixing hot and cold water. They ensure that the water is safe for public use. The best part about bar mixing valves is their endurance level. They can serve for a much longer time. Also, bar valves are easy to control manually.
Working of 3-way Thermostatic Shower Mixing Valve:
The basic working of the thermostatic shower mixing valve is the mixing of cold and hot water. It gives a consistent and desirable temperature for the water. The thermostatic element senses the temperature of the water. It uses a lever or valves to mix water in the shower.
When a user adjusts the handle on the thermostat, it changes the flow of hot it cold water. If the user increases the temperature, the thermostat will open the hot water supply and regulate flow. Thus, it reaches the required level.
The thermostat also prevents energy and water waste by keeping a moderate temperature. It neither lets water becomes too hot nor too cold. Hence provides a comfortable showering experience.
How to Install 3-way Thermostatic Shower Mixing Valve?
Installing a thermostatic valve needs a basic understanding of plumbing. The methods also vary as per the product. If one cannot handle the process, it is better to hire a plumber. Yet, the easy way to install a 3-way thermostatic shower mixing valve is as follows.
- The method of installation starts with cutting off the water supply. It would help if you shut off the main valve so there are no leakages or water bursts during the process.
- The next step is to find the right spot where you will install the thermostatic valve. In the case of showers, the location can be the nearest water supply.
- The next step is to connect the hot and cold water sources to the shower. Connect the hot and cold sides with the pipeline accordingly. Make sure to check the pipe leaks by flowing water through it.
- Next, you need to cut and mark the shower pipe where the valve has to be installed. For this purpose, Mark the location on the pipe and cut it carefully.
- Now make holes using a drill machine to mount and fix the thermostatic mixing valve. Put the valve and align it to see if it fits.
- Using a screwdriver, fix the thermostatic valve in place. Make sure it’s held tight.
- Turn the water supply on and check for leaks. Also, make sure to examine the function of the thermostat. Check if the blending of hot and cold water is well and you receive a constant temperature.
3-way thermostatic shower mixing valves are a great choice. It is highly durable and provides users with the best experience. By now, you have understood the working of the thermostatic valves. The types and functioning of the mixing valve are clear.
If you are looking forward to buying one, take the right type and install it accordingly. Choosing a suitable product can save you from the waste of money and energy. PlumberStar has the best range of efficient thermostatic shower mixing valves. You can get excellent products here with the least effort.