Angle valves are the most common type of valves. We use them widely in residential plumbing. Our bathrooms and kitchens have angle valves working there every time. There are dozens of the kinds of angle valves out there. You must be familiar with a few of those.
1/4 turn ceramic disc angle valve is standard in bathrooms. They offer quarter turn and are very suitable for working. 1/4 turn angle valve is a type of disc angle valve. Let’s understand the product deeply.
What is a 1/4 turn Ceramic Disc Angle Valve?
1/4 turn ceramic disc valves are also known as quarter-turn angle valves. We know that traditional valves and taps are multi-turn valves. They rotate 360° to either open or close them. Yet, quarter turn or 1/4 turn valves are an advanced type.
1/4 turn angle valves can be completely opened or closed by rotating at 90°. It means they cover much less rotatory motion than traditional ones. 1/4 turn ceramic disc angle valves are more efficient, well-performing, and quick. They perform the function of regulating the flow of liquid or blocking it. This type of valve has two openings. One connects it to the main supply while the other open in your shower or other fixture. The liquids enter the valve through an opening and leave at an angle of 90° between the inlet and outlet. Sometimes, the disc present in the valve work as a fluid regulator. While sometimes, it acts as a seal as in butterfly valves.
Types Of 1/4 Turn Ceramic Disc Angle Valve:
The types we are going to discuss are based on product material. Let’s Check out different types of 1/4 turn Ceramic Disc Angle Valve.
- 1/4 Turn Ceramic Brass Angle Valve: As the name suggests, this quarter-turn valve comprises brass. It is a small fixture which we can install in bathrooms and kitchens. The brass-made 1/4 turn valve is perfect when it comes to handling water. It sustains for years without wearing out. They are a threaded form of angle valves.
1/4 turn Brass Ceramic disc angle valves have a sound pressure bearing strength. They can undergo high temperatures without affecting their performance. We can install this angle valve in bathrooms and kitchens to control the liquid flow. They are easy to operate. We can quickly turn it on or off in an emergency as it is a quarter-turn valve.
Let’s check out the specifications of the Quarter turn Brass Ceramic Angle Valve.
Product: Brass Quarter Turn Ceramic Disc Angle Valve.
Size: 1/2 Inlet, 3/2 OD
Thread: ISO228, ISO7/1, DIN2999.
Working Pressure: 1.6MPa
Working Temperature: 0°C to 80°C
Applications: Household Applications, toilets, kitchens, etc.
- 1/4 Turn Copper Ceramic Disc Angle Valve: This quarter-turn valve has copper as the parent material. Copper gives this product a perfect finishing to use in bathrooms. It is versatile and durable. It has good temperature endurance.
Copper can undergo relative pressure changes. It is the user’s favorite material to use for commercial purposes. Quarter-turn copper valves are getting popular every day. They give an attractive appearance when used in washrooms. 1/4 turn copper ceramic disk angle valve can be a suitable replacement for older compression valves.
The product we are discussing is a tap valve. We install it in taps to turn it at 90° instead of 360°. It is very effective and can be easily replaced if damaged.
Product: Copper Ceramic Quarter-turn Tap Valve.
Size: 45mm in height.
Thread: BSP 1/2 Thread
Pressure: Regular Pressure.
Working Temperature: Moderate Temperature.
Applications: Bathroom taps, basin, sink taps, etc.
- Stainless Steel 1/4 Turn Ceramic Disc Angle Valve: Stainless steel gives plumbing products a very bright lustrous appearance. Stainless steel is the most common material used in our bathrooms and kitchens. It is because of its long-lasting nature. It requires significantly less maintenance.
Quarter turn stainless steel valve can work as a shut-off valve and regulator. It takes less time to operate. This valve is highly corrosion resistant. Therefore it is best to go with water handling. It is leak-proof and does not show quality decay anytime sooner. Let’s check for its specifications.
Product: Quarter turn Stainless Steel Ceramic Disc Angle Valve.
Material: 304 Stainless Steel.
Thread: Male Threaded.
Pressure: Regular Pressure.
Working Temperature: High-pressure Resistance.
Applications: Bathroom, kitchens, and commercial.
1/4 Turn Ceramic Disc angle valves are advanced addition to plumbing. They have many advantages over old multi-turn valves. Its structure is adaptable, and users enjoy its operational interface. Let’s check out some of its main benefits.
- Cost-Effective: Quarter Turn Ceramic Disc Angle valve is a cost-effective choice. They contain ceramic discs in them, which is an extensive choice. The products having these discs save you from a heck of replacing valves over and over. Instead, they serve your home for a considerable time without being expensive.
- Ease Of Use: The quarter-turn feature is loving. It gets the job done within seconds. Not only this, but it helps us avoid unusual twisting or turning. It only turns 1/4 time. It is easy to shut off or regulate fluid flow. Ceramic disc supported by these quarter-turn valves is the main reason for their popularity and efficiency.
- No Invisible Leaks: Traditional shut-off valves usually have one drawback. Their body gets invisible leaks that remain hidden from our eyes. It keeps damaging the valve until it gets entirely out of order. 1/4 Turn Ceramic Disc Angle valves have a flexible structure that hides no leaks. If some leak outbreaks, it gets visible and can be treated immediately.
- Lifetime Service: Quarter-turn valves operates in a small surface area. It means less space comes in user contact. This quality ensures a more significant service time of 1/4 turn ceramic disc valves. We often refer to them as lifetime service-providing valves.
- Fewer Error Reports: 1/4 Turn Ceramic Disc Angle valves have reported very few usual errors like in other valves. They often keep their performance high without turbulence. Quarter turn valves require minor maintenance as they have a durable structure.
How to Install 1/4 Turn Ceramic Disc Angle Valve Or Quarter-Turn Valve?
The best part about ceramic quarter-turn disc valves is their easy installation process. You never need to call a plumber as you can do it within minutes. Their installation follows fundamental instructions that you can understand below.
- Serve Puller.
- Pipe Cutter.
- Shut the Water Supply: Always remember to shut the main supply when replacing or to install new fixtures. Once you do so, it makes you ready, to begin with, for the actual installation method.
- Remove old Angle Valve: When you install a quarter-turn valve the first time, it means you were using another. That has to be removed. Remove the old valve from its place. You can use a wrench to unscrew it. Also, make sure to check the metallic pipes connected along. If they have corrosion, you should change them.
You can also use a serve puller to remove the old valves. It is an effective and easier way. If you want to replace the corroded parts of the pipe, you need to cut them. Use pipe cutters for this purpose. Now, measure the same length of the new pipe to install there. Cut the appropriate length and fix it there.
- Installation: Get a new 1/4 Turn Ceramic Disc Angle Valve. Clean the pipes around where you have just removed the old valve. Now, take the new valve out. Place it between the pipes and use a wrench to tighten it.
Make sure it gets seated at the right place. Fix it well, and it should not be lost. Now attach the pipes back with the main supply.
- Inspection: Once you are done with the installation, turn in the water supply. It’s time to inspect the newly installed Quarter turn ceramic disc angle valve. Let the water flow across to make sure it’s functional.
If no leakage appears and water flow is streamlined, then you did it correctly. Now you can enjoy a quarter-turn valve for years without worrying about replacements and other irritating stuff.
1/4 Turn Ceramic Disc Angle valves are a mark of innovation. It is attractive and a very well-performing valve, along with many other types. You can choose among different materials as it offers excellent variety. Turn valves are a wise choice for the present era due to their multiple pros.
1/4 turn ceramic disc angle valves are quick and easy. They give your bathrooms and kitchens brand new finishing. Applications of 1/4 turn Ceramic Disc angle valves are in bathrooms, kitchens, showers, toilets, washing machines, etc. We can use Their heavy-duty versions for industrial purposes.
If you are considering updating your old plumbing fixtures, you must consider 1/4 turn ceramic disc angle valves.