Tankless water heater valve kits simplify installation, fitting, maintenance, and operation. They substitute a huge arrangement of tankless installation. In usual tankless installations, up to 18 fittings and 16 connections are used. Tankless water heater valve kits are a combination of two valve sets or a single valve. There are female threaded, union, or quick-connect end options also. Sometimes we can find few models available with or without a relief valve.
Components of Tankless Water Heater Valve Kits
1. Hot Water Service Valve – The red insulator handle identifies it.
2. Cold Water Service Valve – The blue insulator handle identifies it.
3. Pressure Relief Valve – A silver test lever identifies it.
Installation of Tankless Water Heater Valve Kits
We should fix the pressure relief valve to the hot water isolation valve before attaching any components to the tankless water heater. There is a caution & we should follow it strictly. We shouldn’t over-tighten the relief valve. We can tighten a maximum of 2 turns past hand tight.
- Use thread sealant on the exposed threads of the pressure relief valve.
- Put the thread to the pressure relief valve into the 3⁄4″ port for the hot water valve.
- Tighten the pressure relief valve using a wrench. This should be applied until the discharge on the pressure relief valve is located down on the isolation valve.
Cold Water Service Valve installation onto cold water inlet of tankless water heater:
- First, locate the cold water threaded inlet on the tankless water heater. After getting the inlet, apply thread sealant to the threads.
- Untie the union nut on the top of the cold water valve slightly. It helps the union tailpiece to rotate freely.
- Put the thread to the union tailpiece onto the inlet and tighten it by hand. At this time, the cold water valve should be under the cold water inlet. Tighten the union tailpiece with a wrench.
- Set the position of the cold water valve towards the front of the water heater. Tighten the union nut by hand and also by a wrench. It will make sure that the valve does not revolve out of position.
Hot Water Service Valve installation onto hot water outlet of tankless water heater:
- You must detect the hot water threaded outlet on the tankless water heater. After getting the outlet, thread sealant should be applied to the threads.
- Loosen the union nut slightly on the top of the hot water valve. It will help the union tailpiece to rotate easily.
- Put the thread to the union tailpiece onto the outlet and tighten it by hand. At this time, the hot water valve should be under the hot water outlet. Tighten the union tailpiece with a wrench.
- Set the position of the hot water valve towards the front of the water heater. Tighten the union nut by hand and also by a wrench. It will make sure that the valve does not revolve out of position.
Link water line and pressure relief drain line:
- Join the hot water supply line to the ¾” threaded joining on the hot water valve. We can do it by properly using thread sealant on the threads of the water fitting.
Set the cold water supply line to the ¾” threaded connection on the cold water valve:
- We can do it by properly using thread sealant on the threads of the water fitting.
- Fix the drain line to the pressure relief valve.
Start-up & Normal Operation:
- We have to make sure that the main valve handles on both the hot & cold valves are closed Before turning on the supply water to the heater. Both valves should be perpendicular to the main valve bodies.
- Tighten down the purge port valve caps. Valves should be in a closed position. You cant depend on the Purge Cap to stop the water flow.
- The main water valves are open during normal operation. The normal condition is like the main valve handle is parallel with the main valve body. Main water valves are closed when the main valve handle is vertical to the main valve body.
- The purge port valve is open if the slot is parallel with the purge port valve body. It is closed when the slot is vertical to the purge port valve.
Tankless water heater valve kits Weight
|Size||Weight (lbs)||Weight (kgs)|
Maintenance of Tankless Water Heater Valve Kits
At the time of servicing the tankless water heater, hot water may cause injury or property damage. We should be more cautious about this.
Diagnostic & Testing of Tankless Water Heater Valve
We can use the purge port to Diagnostic and testing of the water heater. Diagnostic & testing include flow rate, firing rate, and temperature testing. We should keep in mind that all testing must be done in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Shut off the main water valve handle on the hot water valve by rotating it until it is perpendicular to the valve body. It is necessary to be ensured that the hot valve purge port is sealed before removing the purge port cap. The hot valve purge port is closed, which means it is perpendicular to the purge port valve body.
- Open the hot valve purge port cap gradually. Make sure that the rubber washer stays in the cap. Make a connection to the drain line. The line should run to a safe and suitable area for the release of hot water.
- After completion of the testing & diagonalization, the drain line should be removed. Before removing, make sure that the hot valve purge port is closed. Then remove the drain line and reinstall the purge port valve cap.
Parts & Materials of the Kits
|Fixed end||Lead-Free Brass|
|Ball||Lead-Free Brass / Cr plated|
|Handle nut||Steel /Zn plated|
|Handle screw||Steel /Zn plated|
|Cap retainer –||Rubber|
|Drain gasket||EPDM Perox|
|Ball||Lead-Free Brass / Cr plated|
|Fixed end||Lead-Free Brass|
Advantages of Tankless water heater valve kit
- It’s Easy to install and maintain. Its design is compact. So that easily accessible and suitable for installation in tight spaces.
- The tankless water heater valve kit includes a pressure relief valve (150 PSI / 200k BTU)
- It has heavy-duty forged clean brass with a full port main flow channel. We can identify hot & cold valves by color-coded handles easily.
- It has large drain port outlets.
Features of Ideal Tankless water heater valve kit
- Copper silicon alloy body (Lead-Free)
- Temperature is 40°F to 180°F
- Quick-Connect end connections to water lines
- An Optional ¾” pressure relief valve 150psi (10.3 bar)
- The optional integral spring check valve in cold water valves
- Stunned connection points for ease of installation and access
- Valves are appropriate for most tankless installations
- No extra adapters are required
- O-rings with Teflon packing and
- Packing nut guarantees no stem leaks
- The Pressure relief valve included
- 100% leak tested
- Leakproof stem – Lifetime Warranty
- Wetted surfaces have less than .25% lead content